whirr-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject fix in master before release branch
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2012 17:25:24 GMT
Hi, team.

Andrew B and I have been trying to stabilize trunk, which has been
difficult due to the number of one-off fixes only made in the 0.7 branch.
Doing a fix only in a release branch may seem quick-to-value, but it puts a
burden on future committers.  For example, we are wasting a lot of time
looking through literally >1year old issues trying to figure out what's
merged vs what isn't.

Can we agree to not put any change that affects trunk on a release branch
before it works on trunk?

-A