whirr-dev mailing list archives

From Tom White <tom.e.wh...@gmail.com>
Subject September board report
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 23:50:48 GMT
I've added the following report to the wiki at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WHIRR/Board+Reports.
Please let me know if there are any changes that you'd like to see
included.

Thanks,
Tom

----
Status report for the Apache Whirr project - September 2011

Whirr is a library for running services in the cloud. Whirr graduated
from the incubator in August and this is the first board report as a
TLP.

Community
 We are getting more contributions and user activity than any time
since the beginning of the project.

 We voted in Karel Vervaeke as a new committer last month.

 Adrian Cole gave a talk about Whirr at Javazone in September.

Releases/Development
 We released Apache Whirr 0.6.0, our sixth release. Work has started
for the 0.7.0 release, which will feature new services, new ways of
writing services (using Chef or Puppet), as well as core enhancements.

Branding checklist:
 Project Website Basics - done
 Website Navigation Links - not done
 Trademark Attributions - not done
 Logos and Graphics - not done
 Project Metadata - not done
 Read PMC Branding Responsibilities - not done

Issues for board consideration
 None.