whirr-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Contrib for new services
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 18:31:17 GMT
Is something like thrift a good example here for comparison purposes?
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/thrift/trunk/lib/
They have a large number of different language implementations, a few
which have all the features, and many which support a subset (also in
terms of quality). As was suggested earlier in this thread we might
include some specific details in the docs for each of the services
detailing their level of support for various features. I think this
makes more sense than adding complexity to the build/runtime, also my
experience with the contrib approach is not favorable either. At some
later time we could work on separating things out, but for now it
would be more of a hindrance than a help.

As suggested earlier I think streamlining the release process and
making more frequent releases would be a plus.

Patrick