whirr-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Savu <savu.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributing
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 10:04:05 GMT
See bellow.

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM, David Alves <davidralves@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrei
>
>        Great!!
>        I had already started browsing the project, looks good!
>        I think I'll start with WHIRR-221 just to get my feet wet and then
> move on to WHIRR-214.

Awesome!

>        Some questions:
>        - Testing - beyond unit tests the wiki suggests iTests must be run
> on a cloup provider. Do you have amazon (or other provider's) credits? do
> you use your company(ies) credits?

I am using my credit card now, it's cheap enough but unfortunately slow. I'm
trying to build a local Eucalyptus based private cloud at my university,
they have some unused hardware.

>        - About WHIRR-214 the issue mentions adding/removing zookeeper
> nodes, but zookeeper doesn't have this feature as of yet.
>        Are you thinking of a static zk ensemble (dynamic only for the other
> services)?

You could resize a ZK ensemble by shutting down all the nodes and
reconfiguring them. This is less than ideal but it could work.

--
Andrei Savu -- andreisavu.ro