whirr-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Savu <savu.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributing
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 11:05:37 GMT
David,

Sorry for the late answer. :)

I suggest that we should go with the simplest approach that could work
for now and change things in the future.

As Lars suggested we can specify these dependencies using a
configuration property (whirr.role-order). We need to be sure that the
post-configure scripts are executed in the expected order (I believe
this means changing ConfigureClusterAction).

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 12:48 AM, David Alves <davidralves@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>        Ok, I've start reading code :)
>        About WHIRR-221, some questions (the first batch, please bear with me if the
questions are too basic or obvious):
>        I know it somewhat breaks encapsulation between roles but some roles have
dependencies right?
>        e.g. - HBase depends on nn,dn and zookeeper.
>        Couldn't these dependencies be explicit per role?
>        We could then calculate start order based on the dependency graph starting
root nodes first and progressing up to the leaves, booting multiple non-dependent roles per
level.

>        Anyway and pertaining to what Tibor Kiss commented in JIRA on this issue is
there a requirement to also serialize ConfigureClusterAction?

--
Andrei Savu -- andreisavu.ro