whirr-dev mailing list archives

From David Alves <davidral...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributing
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 22:48:31 GMT
Hi

	Ok, I've start reading code :)
	About WHIRR-221, some questions (the first batch, please bear with me if the questions are
too basic or obvious):
	I know it somewhat breaks encapsulation between roles but some roles have dependencies right?
	e.g. - HBase depends on nn,dn and zookeeper.
	Couldn't these dependencies be explicit per role?
	We could then calculate start order based on the dependency graph starting root nodes first
and progressing up to the leaves, booting multiple non-dependent roles per level.

	Anyway and pertaining to what Tibor Kiss commented in JIRA on this issue is there a requirement
to also serialize ConfigureClusterAction?

Regards
David