weex-dev mailing list archives

From York Shen <shenyua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there any plan to use flutter as render?
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2019 03:07:11 GMT
Thanks for your interesting.

First of all, I think Flutter is a great project with some limitation.(e.g. how to embed a
pre-built native UI library into flutter, like videoView in live video streaming, imageView
in image library) and I am also interested in Flutter similar approach. But at current stage,
we are trying our best to solve graduation block issues [1] , which means Flutter related
approach is not priority for now. But if you have more detail of your plan or MVP(minimum
viable product), I’d like to have a look with you and see what we can do together to make
things happen.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/NJNiBw

Best Regards,
York Shen

申远

> 在 2019年9月29日,09:45,chenzefeng <chenzefeng@ymt360.com> 写道:
>
> Hi all:
> I have use weex in production for 2 years, one of  the best things I love about  weex
is that it can build nice cross-platform ui.

> Weex sdk does a lot of works to unify the appearance and interactions between different
platforms, but always, components ui cannot be 100% identical , or sometimes the adapting
codes make a component unpredictable in an edge situation.
> I think use flutter as render is a good solution.
> 1、Great promotion in UI consistency.This could promote weex developing experience a
lot.
> 2、Unify renders in Weex sdk of different platforms, so that  weex team can focus on
one render, not adapting two different ones.
> I think flutter as render is a trend that cannot be ignored, and some blogs mention that
there are tech teams(wechat、metuan etc.)  doing very similar things.