velocity-user mailing list archives

From soumyanilchatterjee <>
Subject Encoding problem in velocity
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 09:20:39 GMT

Hi ,
I am using velocity engine to read a template and and generate a document
like the template,but i have a problem that if my data is russian(Cyrllic)
then data is coming as junk.The same code runs fine in windows.I have set
input.encoding=windows-1251,output.encoding=windows-1251 as well as
ISO--8859-5 in file,but it didn't  work in unix
enviornment.Could u please help.any clarification needed kindly revert back.

Sent from the Velocity - User mailing list archive at