velocity-user mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Line Continuation syntax
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 16:11:15 GMT
Is there any support in velocity for a line continuation character (like
'\' in a properties file) to indicate to Velocity that a line feed in a
template should be ignored?  The AOL converter I must use conveniently
converts any line feed characters to <br/> which is very often what I
want, but sometimes I want to include paragraph-length text.  Without
the ability to ignore certain line-feeds, in these circumstances, my
templates must put the paragraph-length text on a single, too long to be
human-readable, line.  I want my cake and I want to eat it too: text
that is easily editable in the template but which formats nicely in the end.

I could easily roll my own here, but I wonder if there is any
Velocity-level support for this.