velocity-user mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: The Guardian website moves to Velocity
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 16:33:21 GMT
ufff... one more thing....

On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 12:12 -0400, Robert Koberg wrote:

> Plus you can still use it
> in the browser requiring no transformation time for *you* (I think this
> in itself should be enough to win the $500...). As always it can be run
> in many different environs and probably would be even faster if run on
> libxsl or even MSXML.

This last part is wrong. I forgot I used extension functions in the XSL
(currently just for Saxon but I could have it work for xalan-j as well)
so it currently only works with Saxon. You would need the saxon.jar on
the classpath. Sorry for the misiniformation.

I could make it work for all by doing a two pass transform (or using XSL
v2). First I would make a listing of the pages to transform and then run
through that list in a scriptdef of some code outside Ant. I have made
an Ant task for this using our CMS's site.xml (which is what the apache
Forrest project's site config is based off of, btw).

best,
-Rob