velocity-user mailing list archives

From "David Donohue" ...@daviddonohue.com>
Subject Re: how to configure Velocity entirely programmatically?
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:35:16 GMT
Nathan and friends,
I followed Nathan's fine, detailed instructions on configuring my Velocity
Tools 1.3 servlet programmatically.  I am running into difficulty with the
toolbox.  Nathan described this

ServletContext application = config.getServletContext();
toolboxManager = ServletToolboxManager.getInstance(application,
"path/to/empty/toolbox.xml");

I find that absolute path does not work here.  I have also tried a variety
of relative paths.  I am wondering if configuring the toolbox only works
with relative path, which is relative to the servlet's root file path?  The
trouble is my servlet is set up (in Jetty 6.1.1) to not really have such a
root file path.  I am using classpathloader, and loading all my .vm files
from the classpath.

I was able to configure the velocity.properties using an absolute file path,
as in

public ExtendedProperties loadConfiguration(ServletConfig config) {
        try {
            props = new ExtendedProperties("c:/absolute
/path/to/velocity.properties");

So am I left with writing my own version of ToolboxManager?

Thanks again for any direction!!