velocity-user mailing list archives

From mxc <>
Subject Velocity in standalone application -- tutorial?
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2006 07:40:08 GMT

Hi there,

I am using velocity in a standalone application, i.e. not as part of a web
app. I am trying to use the classpath template loader but can't get it to
work. It seems that there are hardly any tutorials on how to do this for
non-web apps. I have tried  the following:

		Properties property = new Properties();
		URL url = this.getClass().getResource("");

In the I have the following:

resource.loader = class class.resource.loader.class =

I then place the template in my classpath but the template is not found.

			template = velocity.getTemplate("daoInterface.vm");

Any help appreciated.
Sent from the Velocity - User mailing list archive at