velocity-user mailing list archives

From Anagha <anajo...@gmail.com>
Subject Can we use File object in VTL?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 13:18:22 GMT
Hi,
I'm using VTL to build Java file. I need to change/insert  some keywords,
variables in the Java file based on context paramters.
Instead of putting the whole Java file in ".vm" file, can I load the file in
some test program and put the "File" descriptor in the context?
Later in ".vm" I'll retrieve this file descriptor from context and output
some lines of the file.

I'have tried in similar way for ".xml' where I load and built Document
object from XML in test program. I put the "root" element of the xml
in the context and later processed the doc in ".vm" by extracting root from
context.

I want to know can we do on similar lines for File descriptor object.
Any help is welcome.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anagha