velocity-user mailing list archives

From Peter <grize...@warpmail.net>
Subject Velocity + Struts SecureLinkTool + Apache http server = bad juju?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:44:07 GMT
    I am having a nasty problem migrating my struts app from
development, which runs directly on Tomcat, to production, which runs on
Tomcat through Apache web server using mod_jk.  The problem is that I am
getting absolute URLs back from the SecureLinkTool, which isn't a
problem by itself, but the links are referencing port 8080 and 8443,
which are the tomcat ports, not the apache ports (in fact 8080 and 8443
are blocked by the firewall on the production server).  I need those
links to reference ports 80 and 443 in the production environment so the
requests can be delegated by the web server.  Help!

    I should say that I am not by any measure a Struts guru, and the
problem probably lies somewhere in my struts-config.xml.  I tried
changing this:

<plug-in className="org.apache.struts.action.SecurePlugIn">
    <set-property property="httpPort" value="8080"/>
    <set-property property="httpsPort" value="8443"/>
    <set-property property="enable" value="true"/>
    <set-property property="addSession" value="true"/>
  </plug-in>

to ports 80 and 443, but that just prevented Tomcat from starting
properly.  :(