velocity-user mailing list archives

From Paul Goepfert <paul.goepf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException problem
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 23:58:37 GMT
I just checked both my web.xml and struts-conf.xml.  They both look fine
to me but then again this is the first time I am developing a  web
program.  I mighht not know the correct syntax.  However I am pretty
sure that my web.xml and struts-config.xml are correct.

Is there anything missing from my struts-config.xml file or my web.xml
file that would make my webpage throw the NullPointerException?

Here is an updated version of my struts-config.xml and web.xml files

-Paul
________________
struts-conf.xml
________________

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration
1.1//EN"
                               "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_1.dtd">

<struts-config>
    <form-beans>
        <form-bean name="infoForm" type="forms.InfoForm" />
        <form-bean name="menuForm" type="forms.MenuForm" />
    </form-beans>

    <action-mappings>
        <action path="/Info"
                type="actions.InfoAction"
                name="infoForm"
                scope="request">
           <forward name="Enter Information"
                    path="/Web Pages/info.vm"/>
           <forward name="done"
                    path="/Web Pages/menu.vm"/>
         </action>
         <action path="/Menu"
                 type="actions.MenuAction"
                 name="menuForm"
                 scope="request">
           <forward name="enterInfo"
                    path="/Web Pages/info.vm" />
           <forward name="default"
                    path="/Web Pages/results.vm" />
           <forward name="sort"
                    path="/Web Pages/sort.vm" />
         </action>
    </action-mappings>
    <message-resources parameter="ApplicationResources" />
</struts-config>

_________
web.xml
_________

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
version="2.4">
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>config</param-name>
      <param-value>/WEB-INF/conf/struts-config.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>debug</param-name>
      <param-value>2</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>detail</param-name>
      <param-value>2</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>velocity</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>org.apache.velocity.toolbox</param-name>
      <param-value>/WEB-INF/conf/toolbox.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>10</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>