velocity-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sandeep kamath" <>
Subject RE: Encoding Problem
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 12:55:03 GMT
Hi Daniel,
          I am using the FOP tool to generate a PDF out of the velocity
output. I create a OutputStream object that I send alongwith the
Velocity output to the FOP tool to generate a PDF. But the PDF doesn't
show the greek characters. UTF-8 characters and UTF-8 encoding works
but its just greek characters with ISO-8859-7 encoding that's causing an


-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Dekany [] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:12 PM
To: Velocity Users List; Daniel Dekany
Cc: Sandeep kamath; Velocity Users List
Subject: Re: Encoding Problem

Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 2:14:47 PM, Daniel Dekany wrote:

> Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 12:27:01 PM, Sandeep kamath wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,
>>           Many Thanks. I did try ISO-8859-7 but it still wont work. I
>> get junk characters on the output stream. 
>> I used Velocity.getTemplate("<template file name>", "ISO-8859-7");
>> The template file is in ISO-8859-7 encoding. It still wont work.
> Maybe you have forgotten to set input.encoding=ISO-8859-7 in the

Stupid me... I have just noticed you have "ISO-8859-7" in the
getTemplate call. Then maybe you are using not the same *output*
encoding than that the editor/browser you are using to check the output

Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message