velocity-user mailing list archives

From Elton Hughes <>
Subject Re: Odd Behavior - Solved!
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:39:49 GMT
Hi Mike,

Thank you for the suggestion and thank you for the time you put into
this, but that did not work either.

But here is what did work.

I use a Mac running MacOS 10.3.8. I am using BBEdit as my text editor.
It defaults to using Mac line endings. When I changed the line endings
of the template to Unix line endings, it worked. Both lines appeared. I
did not even touch the Velocity application.

So, it appears that the template requires either Unix or Windows line

Thank you for your help.

On Apr 6, 2005, at 12:14 PM, Mike Curwen wrote:

> I've just copy and pasted your original code (with one modification to
> get
> the resource loader path where I wanted it), and it "works for me".
> The one mod:
> Velocity.setProperty(Velocity.FILE_RESOURCE_LOADER_PATH, "c:\\tmpl\\");
> immediately before the call to Velocity.init();
> I get both firstName and lastName output, nothing clipped.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message