velocity-user mailing list archives

From jian chen <chenjian1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Velocity vs JSP vs FreeMarker
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:11:05 GMT
Hi,  Steve,

I totally agree with you.

Using JSP, it is very easy to lose sight of the MVC pattern when
development is under release pressure. I have seen people putting JDBC
database code directly in JSP because it is lot easier to do and so to
meet development deadline. Afterwards, that page with all the java
code inside it was too long and ugly to be even debugged.

Not proper used, JSP pages are a maintenance nightmare. Also I should
say the possibility that JSP is not properly used is very high.

Cheers,

Jian