velocity-user mailing list archives

From Simon Christian <si...@stoutstick.com>
Subject Re: SortedMap/TreeMap in a tool does not sort
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:01:25 GMT
Hi Robert,

Remember that SortedMap/TreeMap only guarantee "that the map will be in
ascending key order, sorted according to the natural order for the key's
class". This is as opposed to the put order.

Looks like you need to either supply a Comparator when creating the
TreeMap, or implement Comparable in your question classes.

hth,

- simon