velocity-user mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject SortedMap/TreeMap in a tool does not sort
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:07:12 GMT
Hi,

 From what I am seeing, it seems to be the case that velocity
tools/templates do not work with SortedMap/TreeMap created in the tool.
That is, they do not come to the template in the order they were placed
in the map. Is that to be expected?

<my-case>I have a tool(s) that creates 'static final' question (and
answer, if multichoice) objects. These question objects are added to a
SortedMap. If the question object has multiple choice answers, those
answers are also added to their own SortedMap. The answers come back in
the put order, but the questions do not. (before anyone asks why I am
creating static final question objects in a tool (quizes), the classes
are generated by XSL at build time before compile)</my-case>

best,
-Rob