velocity-user mailing list archives

From Shinobu Kawai <>
Subject Re: Streaming from the middle of a template?
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:25:12 GMT
Hi Evan,

> The root is calling velocity through the VelocityViewServlet. It is setup in
> a standard way in my web.xml to handle all requests with a certain file
> extension.

OK, that part's understood.  You said that each sub-component also
uses Velocity.  How do you intend to do that?  I mean, inside the
#streamToOutput method of your first post.  If you're just getting a
template and rendering it, I think you should check out the #parse
directive like Mike said.

## You can hack VelocityViewServlet#mergeTemplate and put the Writer
in the Context there.

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

Shinobu Kawai <>