velocity-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bailey <chbai...@adobe.com>
Subject Question on using text from resource bundles
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 05:09:25 GMT
I¹m relatively new to Velocity and have one issue I¹m trying to find out
more info on.  I¹m using Velocity for a web app, and one that will be
localized in many languages.  So, for my web pages (which are all done via
Velocity), I¹d like to retrieve text via a resource bundle, and further, to
have some of the abilities provided by MessageFormat.  Essentially, I¹m
looking for something similar to the ³fmt² JSTL tags (³fmt:message² and its
subtag ³fmt:param²).

Or, a better question might be, what would the ³best practices² be for
Velocity in this regard?  How are people doing this type of thing when using
Velocity?  It seems reasonable to put this in your view/Velocity markup, as
it¹s view/presentation specific, but I haven¹t been able to find any
information on this kind of thing.

I apologize if I¹ve missed this in the docs or mailing list archives, so if
it¹s there, please redirect me.

__
Christopher Bailey
Adobe Systems Incorporated