velocity-user mailing list archives

From Gaurav Gehlot <ggeh...@siac.com>
Subject Re: Using ClassPathResourceLoader in an app
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 18:03:06 GMT
Do I need to specify any directive for the caching to take place or does
the ClassPathResourceLoader take care of the caching automatically?

gaurav

|         |           "Will            |
|         |           Glass-Husain"    |
|         |           <wglass@forio.com|
|         |           >                |
|         |           12/07/2004 12:38 |
|         |           "Velocity Users  |
|         |           List"            |

  |       To:       "Velocity Users List" <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                                             |
  |       cc:       (bcc: Gaurav Gehlot/SIAC)
                                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: Using ClassPathResourceLoader in an app

Hi Gaurov,

Yes, that looks good.  Note that if you're running in a web app the
Velocity
jar file and the templates must both be in the WEB-INF folder (classes/lib
directory) or in the application container classpath, but not split between

the two.

Caching works with ClassPathLoader, but reloading does not.  That means if
you change a template while the app is running it won't pick up the
changes.

Best,
WILL