velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Subbiah" <donsu...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: XML and velocity
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 05:13:27 GMT
>If you put the DOM document itself in the Context,
> the template designers will have to know how to use DOM.  But
> if you extract all the data needed in java, and put them in
> the Context in a more user-friendly fashion

I see your convincing point here. Thank you.

In my particluar hase I though abt creating an obejct and sending it to the
context but the XML was generated from an object suing castor at some other
point in the app and I did not want to convert it into an object again.

What is the best way of solving such a problem.
I wanted to use Xpath style references in my velocity but could not get it
to work

Any directions here.

Thanks for your replies though !!!