velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Subbiah" <donsu...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: XML and velocity
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 17:47:09 GMT
Thank you all for your input, it clears some parts of the quetsion.
As you might have quest I have just started using velocity.(a week)

My generic question on VELOCITY is this.
1.  I see velocity very similar to adding sessions in servlets and accessing
them  in the jsp pages. Is this correct ?

2. I am using VELOCITY to generate templates for certain messages that will
be filled at run time. The input is XML and output is any file. We use
velocity because, the client can change the template anytime his fomat
changes, but after using velocity [I might be wrong] I feel he still has to
know the details of the object or java classes to use velocity , for example
I use DOM parser, then the client has to know what methods are there to make
a change in the template.This is like changing the source code of the
generator one thing he need do is rebuild.

Is this the advantage that velocity provides or are that more that my short
sightedness prevenst me from seeing [I am sure there are]

Thank you.

~Subbiah