velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unwanted whitespace
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 17:32:44 GMT
On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:53:36 +0100, Carsten Heyl <cal@pixelboxx.de> wrote:
> Christoph Reck wrote:
> > Check the Wiki page
> > http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/VelocityWhitespaceGobbling
> > on this subject. The so called "VelocityWhitespaceGobbleChristophsWay"
> > should be called VelocityWhitespaceGobbleStructuredTemplates".
> >
> > Please vote for the structured templates approach, and lets see
> > if we can gain momemtum for a future release.
>
> I would prefer the alternatives to be valid wiki pages describing the
> alternatives.

well then, it's a good thing it's a wiki!  that means you can make
that happen (or at least start it) as well as anyone else. :-)

you should be able to find all the info you need about the various
approaches in the linked bugzilla report and archived thread (though
there are other related threads as well).