velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nadesan, Binu" <bnade...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: Problems with ViewRenderTool
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:20:08 GMT
Hi All,

I tried using all these techniques with the render tool and nothing seems to
work for me.

1. $render.eval( "${e}.${text}" )

2. #set($D = "$")
#set($getText = "${D}e.$text")
$render.eval($getText)

3. #set($D = "$")
$render.recurse("${D}e.$text")

Let's say that "foo" was the value of $text. And $e is the object
In all the above cases, the final output is the string values of the object
and the property "foo."

Something like

"Billing.foo"
"Shipping.foo"

If I type-in directly say $e.foo then I get the proper value. Like
"Billing"
"Shipping"

Regards...
Binu Nadesan.