velocity-user mailing list archives

From Shinobu Kawai <>
Subject Re: RFE: null support
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 02:06:45 GMT
Thanks for all of your input, everyone!

> If Velocity were to support null, how would you expect it to behave?

I'll try to sum it up into a new Wiki page, under the "Architecture
Discussions & Debates" section.
## VelocityNullSupport, maybe?

I also want to put workarounds for the current version users.

I'm trying to figure out the EventCartridge way, but without success.
In bugzilla #20999, Dan said:
---- bugzilla #20999 excerpt from here ----
------- Additional Comment #5 From Daniel Rall 2003-08-22 23:05 [reply] -------
This can already be accomplished via an EventCartridge.

------- Additional Comment #6 From Daniel Rall 2003-08-24 17:05 [reply] -------
FYI, Scarab <> contains an example of this.
---- bugzilla #20999 excerpt to here ----

I grep-ed the scarab source, only to find how not to log a message on
null-setting.  (o.t.s.util.ReferenceInsertionFilter)  Can anyone give
me a clue how to #set to null using the EventCartridge?

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai

Shinobu Kawai <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: