velocity-user mailing list archives

From Shinobu Kawai <shinobu.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML and velocity
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:25:14 GMT
Hi Subbiah,

> In my particluar hase I though abt creating an obejct and sending it to the
> context but the XML was generated from an object suing castor at some other
> point in the app and I did not want to convert it into an object again.

I don't know what an "object suing castor" does, but my first question
would be, might there be a way to get the original object?  (My second
question is going to be, why don't you want to convert it into an
object again?  B))

> What is the best way of solving such a problem.
> I wanted to use Xpath style references in my velocity but could not get it
> to work

I don't have enough experience in XML processing to answer this one.
Could tools like DVSL be of help?
  http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/dvsl/

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai