velocity-user mailing list archives

From Twan Kogels <t...@twansoft.com>
Subject A more efficient velocity template?
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:30:42 GMT
Hello people,

I'm currently in the process of making a webapplication a bit faster. I use
a profiler to look at my code and see where possible bottlenecks are.

I found out that velocity is parsing a template relative slow:
-------------------------
62.38% - 854 ms -
org.apache.velocity.servlet.VelocityServlet.mergeTemplate()
35.35% - 484 ms - kaart.KaartController.handleRequest()
-------------------------

The "handleRequest()" (second line) is my custom code making queries and
doing logic. The "mergeTemplate()" seems to be velocity parsing and filling
the template.

The template is a complex one with a lot of custom macro's and if and else
statements.

I'm currently using velocity 1.3.1.

Are there a documents/urls/tips available which discuss or give tips
regarding on how to construct efficient templates or make velocity a bit
faster?

Thanks!
twan