velocity-user mailing list archives

From chenjian <chenj...@uvic.ca>
Subject #stop problem, sorry for re-sending
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 03:40:17 GMT
Hi, All,

I am not sure if this email goes through, so, trying to do a re-send. Please
forgive me if you get it twice...

Hi,

I am using version 1.4 (the stable release) of velocity. I am trying to put
#stop in an #if #end structure, so that the page could have some alternative
display.

#if ($myvariable)
#stop
#end

But I got the following error:
org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException: Encountered "" at line 31,
column 9.

Interesting thing is that, if I put #stop outside of the #if statement block,
it works. But that defeats the purpose of having #if block there.

Could anyone shed some light on this problem?

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Jian