velocity-user mailing list archives

From mailmur <mail...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: #parse() and UTF-8 response encoding problem
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 18:32:03 GMT
Please, look at this page if it helps you. Probably
you get UTF-8 BOM markers, which currently is
unsupported in Java. Win2k/XP Notepad stores UTF-8
files with leading bom mark bytes.

I've made own UnicodeFileResourceLoader to fully
support UTF-8BOM marked text files.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/akini/java/unicodereader/

I encourage everyone to use UTF-8 fileformats even
that current OSses dont always use it as a default.
Probably WinLonghorn uses it as a default...or atleast
dotNet uses it if nothing else is specified. Your i18n
life is a lot easier with unicode format.

I store all my .properties, .vm and .jsp files as
UTF-8BOM format.