velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Colson" <tcol...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: rendering velocity in websphere
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 00:39:04 GMT
Nathan wrote:
> Brian, i concur with Tim.
Heh heh... mark this day on your calendars. <grin>

> in fact, i would be very surprised if [VelocityLayoutServlet] could
> be made to work with [Turbine] at all.

Been there. Done that. No success.

I spent about a week trying to get Jetspeed (which runs on Turbine) to play
nice with Struts and VelocityViewServlet before throwing my hands up in the
air and succumbing instead to learn how to write Turbine Actions. <grin>

For anyone who wants to try... the main problem seemed to be that the
Velocity instance created by Turbine was a singleton and I couldn't get the
necessary WebAppLoader Resource loader config'd to run in that instance.

But hey, sometimes I'm not that bright... so your mileage may vary.

-Timo