velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Colson" <tcol...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Veltag - location in cvs
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:58:17 GMT
> Speaking as a possibly-typical velocity/struts user, I have
> no use for  veltag.
>   I don't see the need to add it into velocity-tools.
Heh heh... well, you might find a need for Veltag if you find yourself on a
project where they say, "JSP is Standard. We only use standards. Therefore
we will only use JSP."

Seriously, there are times when Veltag comes in handy, and it comes up on
the list every few weeks. Velocity Tools is the place for things that are
not 'core velocity' and so this seems like a reasonable thing to put over
there.

Actually -- I suggest for Velocity 2.0 that Anakia, Texen, DVSL, and of
course VelServlet all move into the Tools project... to slim down the
'core'.

Cheers,
Timo