velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: Veltag - location in cvs
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:47:07 GMT
Tim Colson said:
> Veltag is buried in the src tree -- specifically this directory:
>
> jakarta-velocity\contrib\temporary\veltag
>
> I've been thinking for a long time that it should be pulled into the
> Velocity Tools project and turned into a first-class citizen. ;-)

+0

i'm not opposed to the idea, but it doesn't excite me either.  while it is a
"velocity tool" in some sense, it doesn't have much to do with the present
VelocityTools codebase.

i could go either way.  on the one hand, i'll probably never use it, and so i
don't really want any responsibility for maintaining it.  on the other hand,
if we do clean it up and get it to work with the toolbox stuff, it might bring
in more help with those things.  that's kinda what i was thinking during this
thread:

but i'm not sure if that would happen.  what do actual Veltag users think?
and are there any Veltag users out there that would be interested in stepping
up to [help] take care of this code?

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com