velocity-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <>
Subject Re: Veltag - location in cvs
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 15:31:40 GMT
Tim Colson <> wrote:
> > I'm new at Velocity, I'm trying to use Veltag but I can't build it
> > because I can't find it at the distribution (src) of velocity (1.4 or
> > 1.3.1) neather the one of taglib (version of 20040531)
> You know, this is a great question really. :-)
> Veltag is buried in the src tree -- specifically this directory:
> jakarta-velocity\contrib\temporary\veltag
> I've been thinking for a long time that it should be pulled into the
> Velocity Tools project and turned into a first-class citizen. ;-)

Speaking as a possibly-typical velocity/struts user, I have no use for
veltag.   I decided on Velocity because I didn't want to deal with jsp tags.
  I don't see the need to add it into velocity-tools.

However, I'm only one data point -- perhaps I'm not as typical as I think.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message