velocity-user mailing list archives

From Barbara Baughman <baugh...@utdallas.edu>
Subject RE: 'instanceof'
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:16:10 GMT
I would assume that each "Shape" class could have a public getType
method which would return Circle, Square, etc.  Then you could use
$shape.type in the Velocity context to output depending on the shape
type.  The idea is not to force your designer to wear a programmer hat
in order to work with the information you supply in the context.
When designing classes to send to your designer in the context, keep
in mind these "courtesy" methods that can make like so much easier.

Barbara Baughman
X2157