velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Colson" <tcol...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Didja ever notice?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:03:07 GMT
Yep - I noticed back in June... <grin>

http://www.mail-archive.com/velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg10133.ht
ml

------
From: Tim Colson
Subject: news: Velocity used in Intellij IDEA
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:00:25 -0700

--------

Howdy folks -
  I just received some code generation templates for IntelliJ IDEA from
one of my colleagues and noticed that they use Velocity. I didn't see
this in the "Powered By" page, perhaps worth adding.

-Timo

>>From the IntelliJ IDEA 3.x help system:

IntelliJ IDEA provides several built-in templates for creating new
files, classes and interfaces, as well as some supplementary templates
to be automatically used when generating particular blocks of code.
Along with using the built-in templates, you can easily create your own.
To view/edit the existing templates, or to define your own, select the
Options | File Templates menu item.  The File Templates dialog will
appear, containing the following three tabs:
  Templates - for file templates   Includes - for code fragment
templates to be dynamically included into the file templates   Code -
for code templates
  When writing or editing templates, you can use built-in and custom
variables, conditional directives, etc. which are briefly described in
the Description field of the File Template dialog. For more details on
template syntax, please, refer to
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/user-guide.html.