velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Lamuette" <turbine.lammel...@laposte.net>
Subject RE: Log4j Problem
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:00:29 GMT
My toolbox and my velocity.properties are loaded, because they reflect
changes I do, so I'm not promising, i'm sure ;-)
I begin to debug the code, and i can notice, runtime.log.logsystem.class and
runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.category  are used only if runtime.log.logsystem
is not initialized, and in my case, it is initialized to ServletLogger. So I
assume that VelocityViewServlet is the trouble, i keep debugging ...

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Nathan Bubna [mailto:nathan@esha.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 4 avril 2003 16:59
À : Velocity Users List
Objet : Re: Log4j Problem

Richard said:
> And a part from my velocity.properties (it is located in the WEB-INF
folder,
> and I promise it is used by velocity)

promises, promises...  proof from a log would be better! ;-)

> The related part from my web.xml :
> <init-param>
> <param-name>toolbox</param-name>
> <param-value>/WEB-INF/toolbox.xml</param-value>
> </init-param>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>properties</param-name>
>       <param-value>/WEB-INF/velocity.properties</param-value>
>    </init-param>

if you are using the current CVS of velocity-tools, then your toolbox
and your velocity.properties are NOT being loaded.

the param-names for these files have been changed.  in your web.xml they
should now look like:

<init-param>
<param-name>org.apache.velocity.toolbox</param-name>
<param-value>/somedir/toolbox.xml</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>org.apache.velocity.properties</param-name>
<param-value>/someotherdir/velocity.properties</param-value>
</init-param>

the param name for velocity.properties was changed thusly in Velocity 1.4's
VelocityServlet and the old one was deprecated.  when the
VelocityViewServlet was made independent of the VelocityServlet a few weeks
back, the support for the deprecated one was dropped (velocity-tools has no
formal release and thus is not concerned with being B.C. yet) and the
param-name for the toolbox file was changed to match.   i apologize that we
have not yet gotten documentation out there that show this, but at least the
example applications and javadoc do reflect this change.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com