velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Duska" <Jeff.Du...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: some clarification.
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 13:52:59 GMT
Kwok Peng Tuck wrote:

> I see in the sample app that ships with velocity a template is
> returned from the servlet, can a servlet
> return a different template based on parameters passed to it via a
> post or get result ?
> Thanks.
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Yes. I'm using the forum demo example you'll see how you can do this via
a command pattern. The command is passed in via a parameter called
action. I'm reusing this design in my current project until I can move
to full fledged MVC framework, such as Struts or JPublish. The front
side controller returns a different template based on the value of
action. For example, I have get states Velocity template. I display this
by using the www.myfakeserver.com/CDPub?action=getstate

HTH,

Jeff Duska