velocity-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel Sidler <sid...@teamup.ch>
Subject Re: VELTOOLS - App scope items?
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 22:24:03 GMT

Tim Colson wrote:

>>I've got one follow-on though... I tried all sorts of attemps
>>to just grab something from "application" - ex.
>>$Application.getRealPath() $application.RealPath, etc.
>>without success.
>>Should this work?
>>Tim
>>
> No you dimwit.. it shouldn't! getRealPath() doesn't exist, but
> getRealPath(String foo) does.
>
> Ugh. I'm putting down the mouse and backing away from the keyboard. ;-)
>
> ..uh well... I can't help but make one last attempt at saving some of my
> dignity and trying to ask a non-dimwitted question ->
>
> How would I disallow an HTML designer from invoking any public method
> they please on that $application variable? (ex.
> $application.removeAttribute("it_would_be_bad_to_remove_me")
>
> Geez, I hope that is halfway intelligent. ;-)

That sounds like a very reasonable question :-)

Currently, to achieve above you would have to modify class
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.context.ChainedContext.

If hiding request, session or application attributes from the Velocity
context is a common need, we could make this configurable.

Gabe

> Cheers,
> Tim
>

> --
>
> .

Gabriel Sidler
Software Engineer, Eivycom GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland