velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: What are my options for setting the template to?
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:30:17 GMT
On 4/10/02 10:39 AM, "Shane Webb" <> wrote:

> Hi
> I was wondering is there any other way to point Velocity to a template
> file. Say for example an http address.

Yes - there is an unsupported URLResourceLoader example in

Which you might have to get out of cvs (you can do it with a web browser) as
its most likely not in the distro.

> I'm writing a (servlet) program that is going to be hosted on a multiple
> web servers and would like a way to keep all the templates in one place.
> There doesn't seem to be any documentation on how Velocity finds it's
> templates (I only found out by looking at an code example).

Well, the dev guide has a big section on resource configuration.  Take a
look a that....

> Any help would be appreciated.
> Shane
> --
> <>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <>

Geir Magnusson Jr.
System and Software Consulting
The bytecodes are language independent. - Sam Ruby

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message