velocity-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel Sidler <sid...@teamup.ch>
Subject Re: Struts/Velocity integration
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 10:05:19 GMT
Ted Husted wrote:
[...]
> So, the other first step, along with Donnie's bean, I think, is to chain
> the request, session, and application contexts to a VelocityContext,
> behind a facade.

Ted,
you have mentioned in several of your posts the idea of chaining the
request, session and application scopes. I understand this such that
on lookup of a bean first the request scope is searched, then the
session scope is searched and finally the application scope is searched.
(Similar to what PageContext.findAttribute() does)

Can you elaborate on why you feel that chaining the servlet scopes is
useful/necessary? The alternative I see is to just stick request, session
and application objects into the Velocity context.

Gabe

--
Gabriel Sidler
Software Engineer, Eivycom GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland