velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: IllegalAccessException ?? LogSystem changed in 1.2
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:45:39 GMT
On 9/5/01 11:15 PM, "Nick Bauman" <nick@cortexity.com> wrote:

> OK Geir, upgrading to 1.2-dev, I see the interface to LogSystem has
> changed...
>
> [javac] /home/nick/projects/ttmor/src/com/cortexity/util/VelocityLoggerAdapt
> er.java:27: com.cortexity.util.VelocityLoggerAdapter should be declared
> abstract; it does not define init
> (org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeServices) in
> com.cortexity.util.VelocityLoggerAdapter
>   [javac] public final class VelocityLoggerAdapter implements LogSystem {
>   [javac]              ^
>   [javac]
> Note: /home/nick/projects/ttmor/src/com/cortexity/servlet/VTLDispatcher.java
> uses or overrides a deprecated API.
>   [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
>   [javac] 1 error
>
> So I need to implement RuntimeServices interface in my LogSystem impl. and
> make my logging interface consume that so that initializing Velocity
> logging and my app's logging is done the same way? Sorry if this comes
> across as Thick As A Whale Omlette (tm) as usual.

Not sure about how you phrased it, but you simply must add an init method
that takes a RuntimeServices argument.

Your logger has no responsibilities re that, just that the interface has to
have it for others that may want access to the runtime instance they are
running in.

Hope it isn't too much trouble.  This is the obvious downside to using
interfaces rather than base classes...

geir