velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Cramer" <D...@micro-automation.net>
Subject RE: Visual Editor for Velocity
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 12:31:33 GMT

> I've used this technique a bunch of times. Create the controller
> skeletons, have them output template data, and let the page/template
> designer work with that. Then you, as a programmer, can start working
> on getting the controller to return actual data instead. Very useful
> practice.

I was thinking about something a tad different - namely an external file
controls the actual data objects placed into the context by the
controller.  You as the programmer just work on beans/objects to provide
data...

Yes this is more or less what I had in mind. One thing that could be
done is to present the user with all of the unresolved objects, and let
them input values. This could be stored in a file for the next run

What pieces of code are around to start to make this a reality.

--dc--