velocity-user mailing list archives

From bob mcwhirter <>
Subject Re: Resource Bundle in Velocity
Date Sun, 06 May 2001 14:27:50 GMT
> Hello,
> That does work but what actually doesn't work is:
> $MessageFormat.format($bundle.getString("key"), new Object[] {"name"} )
> This has to be done since my properties files contain something like
> Welcome {0} or Willkommen {0} based on the locale.
> Will it be a good idea to add some sort of API to Velocity for doing
> this?

I *know* that this is something I'm going to have to deal
with at work.

I'm betting that hopefully we don't have to actually extend
Velocity proper, and do it all with helper objects in the

If you have implementation ideas, I'd love to hear'em.  Else,
we'll probably also develop an implementation, and at some point,
donate it back to the project.

View raw message