velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jason Hunter <jhun...@collab.net>
Subject Re: benchmarking velocity
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:06:06 GMT
> on 9/1/2000 7:45 PM, "Jason Hunter" <jhunter@collab.net> wrote:
>
> > What was the answer to my (previously private) question about how
> > Velocity can have an if block that includes only a "}" if the expression
> > evals to true?
> >
> > if ($foo) {
> >   }
> > }
>
> Jason, I answered you. It breaks.
>
> This is on jvz's todo list to fix.
>
> alpha code. alpha code. alpha code.

I didn't ask *if* it would work in today's code, Jon!  We already
confirmed privately it didn't.  I asked *how* Velocity can have such an
if block.  It was a question of design.  Saying "alpha code" three times
at me doesn't tell me the answer.

> > Is it just \} escaped?  If so that makes including JavaScript very ugly.
>
> Can you give me an example of how it would make including JavaScript very
> ugly?

If you included 10 lines of JavaScript and all the curly braces in the
JS needed to be escaped, then that would be ugly.  I see jvz said that
matched curly braces in the JS wouldn't cause confusion, so that answers
part of my question and with a good answer.  But I remain curious how
unmatched curly braces are handled.

-jh-