velocity-user mailing list archives

From Fedor Karpelevitch <fadkarpelevi...@excite.com>
Subject Re: Appearance of undefined references
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 23:00:14 GMT

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:49:33 -0400, velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org wrote:

>  On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 12:23:30PM -0700, Jon Stevens wrote:
>  > In fact, this line breaks the WM parser:
>  >
>  > <input type="text" name="email" value="#if ($email) { $email }">
>
>  That's because you illegally put #if without a whitespace before it. Try
>  adding a space between the " and the #.

In this particular case it won't solve the problem because you'll have
space(s) inside the quotes, and it looks like there is no (good) way to get
an zero-length string.

>> Anyway, this is really tripping me up with my Scarab development and I'm
not
>> sure how anyone else has put up with this in WM for so long. :-(
>
>  Other people don't slam WebMacro every time they encounter something
>  they haven't learned yet. They find out what the answer is (or sometimes
>  the workaround if it's a bug) and they're generally happy people.

So, is this a bug or the intended syntax? What is the reason to require a
whitespace in front of a directive if it's not required in front of $ ?

fedor.

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html