velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@periapt.com>
Subject Re: Plans
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:42:01 GMT
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Tim Joyce wrote:

> Jason,
>
> > That's why I'm asking. I'm most interested in finding out
> > how WM is used the majority of the time. Do you use it
> > with another servlet mechanism?
>
> yes, www.melati.org.  I imagine there are others.
>
> > Or do you just use the
> > templating facility.
>
> there are many people who do, also it is (widely?) used outside of the
> servlet context.

Yes, we plan to use it in Turbine for generating SQL and object relational
model source.

> > We're open to options, but one thing
> > I'll certainly be working on is the tight integration
> > of Velocity with Turbine.
>
> would it not be better to plug in whatever template expander you choose.
> This is certainly what we are aiming to achieve with melati, and hence our
> interest in Velocity.

We definitely want to work in a lot of places, so it will
be designed that way. I merely saying my personal wish is
the tight integration with Turbine. I would love for Velocity
to work with Melati!

jvz.

--

Jason van Zyl