velocity-user mailing list archives

From Justin Wells <jr...@semiotek.com>
Subject benchmarking velocity
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:09:46 GMT

I tried to benchmark velocity but I didn't get very far.

First, I had to remove the #foreach directives from my
templates. Velocity reported some kind of parsing error
so long as they remained in the template, complaining
that it still expected to see something when it reached
the end of the file. I'm not sure why. The templates
contained fairly complex HTML so I figured there must
be something confusing Velocity there.

Anyway, I removed the #foreach directives and continued
on trying to benchmark. Velocity worked at this point, but
it didn't work very well.

I was able to view the page in my browser, but every time
I tried to hammer it with Apache Benchmark it got really
unhappy. A couple of times I got Out of Memory errors, and
Apache Benchmark reports lots of bad connections.

I think I must be using it wrong. Any ideas what happened?

Justin